Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Snow old friend, How I have missed you!

It Snowed!!!
I know for many of you snow is no big deal  in fact you may even be sick of it but I live in a place where it never snows.  For example, I have lived in my current city for at least 4 years and in that time it has only snowed one time before this.  Sure there have been the occasional flurry here or there but only once before this did the snow stick!!!  And this time it really came out of no where! Just this weekend my husband and I were out walking out dog in just a long sleeve t-shirt.  Normally my scarves only come out to play when I go home to visit my folks. Finally I get to accessorize winter style!

Three cheers for Snow!  
This was the view from my front door this morning! I had to use my dust pan broom to get the snow off my car because I didn't own a real snow duster (or whatever they are called).


Look at how green those leaves still are in my backyard! 


I for one am going to enjoy this valuable cold snowy day over a hot cup of tea! My favorite kind of tea this time of year is the Harney and Son's Hot Cinnamon Spice tea !  Add a packet or two of Splenda to it and the Hot Cinnamon Spice tea taste just like red hots! I introduced this tea to my mother and Sister-in-Law and I am pretty sure they are hooked for life.  
I know I am. 
*Before you go out and buy this tea..... try a cup of it at Barnes and Noble!  That's where me and my girlfriends got stuck on it.
 P.S.  This tea totally comes in one of those sweet pyramid shaped Satchets! I love that!
Harney & Sons Fine Teas Hot Cinnamon Spice Tin - 20 Sachets


5 comments:

  1. Hehe the pyramid shaped sachets may be the best part! I am trying my hardest to appreciate the snow, because I need to get used to it so I don't die in Maryland. But I'm SO COLD!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad I flew home on Monday and didn't get caught in the snow! I always love the snow just not when I am flying. Thanks for the tip about the tea! Stan and I are big tea drinkers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our snow never even melted from Christmas and now it finally spread all the way south to Las Cruces. Awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We still have snow on the ground... this morning is -1 with a wind chill of -14... yet we do not have the ice that they have in the southern part of the state
    XOXOOX Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. I envy your snow.....

    ReplyDelete